Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wyoming comes to Portland

The Klomparens Crew (Julie, Shawn, Birch and Axel) came to see us over the kids' spring break. We've known Julie and Shawn since way before kiddos...went on a sailboat trip with them to Key West about 10 years ago, Julie and I had our first babies about 3 months apart, and we traded kinder-care for the first year or so our our girls' lives...Birch is the reason Sabine misses Wyoming so much! I wasn't sure how it would go with them having not seen each other for so many months...but I needn't have worried. Birch and Sabine basically picked up where they left off...and PLAYED for 4 straight days. They even made a LIBRARY in the basement. It was very sweet.


At the zoo with Vivi, Axel, Sabine and Birch.


Bret's new canoe was the object of much backyard imaginative play.


We celebrated Sabine's (and my) birthday a little early...


Even the grown-ups had fun (that's Karmin's back to us, Dave in the grey shirt, Julie, Shawn, and me). We were supposed to go out that night with Dave and Karmin to celebrate their April birthdays, but our babysitter got sick. So instead we got (sensational!) take out from Mai Thai and celebrated at home...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

memetopia said...

I was thinking to myself- why do I know that name Klomparens??? Then I clicked and saw AhHa! The Celebrity Author!!!