Friday, April 10, 2009

Our brush with fame

We've been keeping busy since March 24th with a welcome stream of visitors -- first Kat and Marley from Corvallis (we met them at the Life is Good conference last year) -- Kat and I went to the Portland premiere of the movie Handmade Nation -- and then the Klomparens family from Jackson. We've been having so much fun that I haven't made time to blog about it!

I'll post some photos from those visits soon, but first had to share that our good friends and musicians extraordinaire, Anne and Pete Sibley, will be playing on Garrison Keilor's A Prairie Home Companion's Great American Duet Sing-Off live, tomorrow night (Sat. April 11) at 6 pm eastern. You can vote for your favorite act (Anne and Pete, of course) online -- click here to vote.

I dug up some photos from our past musical adventures with Anne and Pete...


Pete's one of those guys who can play ANYTHING...and make it sound good. He also knows how to trap a monkey with a banjo.


There's Sabine enjoying music as a baby, and later on at about age 4, I think, joining Anne and me on guitar.

Hopefully you'll get a chance to listen to them!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

kelli said...

Very cool, I think I can listen to that today (Sunday) too, and maybe it's saved on the site. I've missed Prairie Home Companion since we've moved from MN (we moved last July) but I need to remember it's on National Public Radio, not just Minnesota Public Radio ;)

Carolyn said...

That's true...I used to listen to it a lot when I was at school in Iowa...

peggy said...

Oh shoot! I missed Prairie Home.

I love the pic of baby Sabine - I really enjoy seeing baby pictures of kids that I know now. If that makes sense...

Sounds like you've been busy and having fun! How was Handmade Nation?

Carolyn said...

Yes, baby pictures are so fun to see -- we have lots of Sabine's best buddy Birch who was just visiting us -- her mama and I swapped watching each other's kiddos for about 20 hours per week when they were young, so we took almost as many pictures of Birch as Sabine in those days -- and they pop up on our screen saver with some regularity. It's interesting to see how they grow and change, and yet some features stay the same!

Handmade Nation was awesome -- very inspiring...wanna craft???