Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Anti-anti coloring books

Growing up, I remember my mom getting us the Anti Coloring Books -- they're still around -- and even have a web page. From said page, Anti Coloring Books:
Allow children to be creative, not just robots coloring inside the lines.

These books let children use their imaginations:

  • exciting motivation is provided
  • a scene is set
  • children get to put on their thinking caps
  • exercise their imaginations
  • and turn on their critical thinking

Most of all they have fun!

I haven't gotten any of them for Sabine or Vivian yet, but Bret often brings home (non-confidential) recycle paper from the office...which we sometimes use for printing, but occasionally Sabine turns them into coloring pages...


Have you ever seen a prettier MANHOLE COVER?


And I think the Portland lady looks just lovely...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Cap'n Franko said...

I love it that Rone's manhole covers still say: SPQR.

Carolyn said...

I don't get it???

Guildy Pleasures Podcast said...

Carolyn, I loved this blog. I had never heard of the anti-coloring books until I read your blog. I love Striker's philosophy. I learned a lot from your blog and her website about this topic. Thanks!

Carolyn said...

Glad you like it! :)

ScrapColoring said...

For a rich and creative coloring experience, you can try ScrapColoring. It is an online coloring site with gradients and patterns. My kids love it. :-)