Friday, September 14, 2007

Thrift Store Goodies

I found the following items (all for $5) at Forget Me Not today:

A 1968 dictionary which I plan on cutting up to make Artist Trading Cards.

A BUDDHA BOARD water painting slate (mainly for Sabine and Vivian, but it does have a message on it to "live in the moment" so maybe it's meant for me, too).

Giant pickup sticks (played several times today with Sabine, and she and Vivian made up their own game with them, surprised we still have 4 eyes between them).

Also, (not pictured) a groovy set of retro-colored measuring spoons. We do a lot of baking, and often the 2 sets we own are in the dishwasher when we need them.

Lest you worry that my house will fill up with such bargains, I also dropped off several bags to said thrift store earlier in the week. I figure it's like renting some cheap homeschooling fun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: