Friday, January 7, 2011

die cut machine

I've been coveting a die cut machine for a while now...it's one of the tools I got to use when I was working in the library world, and I always thought it would be fun to have one of our own.

After looking into the different options (computerized vs. manual) I came up with the Sizzix Big Kick...mainly because it's simple enough for the girls to use, it can cut fabric, it can take different brands of dies, and it's one of the few die cut machines that you can use the 40% off coupon to buy it at Joann's (the Cricut and many others are excluded from the coupon).

The first day we had it we made a ton of paper dolls...very fun!







Sabine made a mushroom house for my fairy doll...

Someday I'd love to get a computerized one that can make customizable cuts, but for now...this is great!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: