Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sweet doggie portrait

Street Roots is an organization I like. I try to buy the paper from vendors whenever I see them. This past October they held a silent online auction and I bid on and won a custom pet portrait by artist Renee Hartig. I sent her several photos of Catalina, and surprised Bret with this lovely rendering of our sweet friend. It's now hanging in our kitchen, where Catalina can keep an eye on everything (sadly, no longer licking up my cooking spills!)...

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Heather's Moving Castle said...

That is a lovely tribute to your sweet dog. I have grown very attached to my dog (almost 2). ♥

Carolyn said...

Thanks, Heather! She was such a part of our lives for so long...enjoy your fur baby!

Mel said...

So cool. Thats a great rendition. We have one of Ddawg looking over us too!

Carolyn said...

Thanks, Mel! Yes, nice to have her "here" with us...Life is Good is getting close! Yea! Can't wait to see you all!