Saturday, March 22, 2008

More clay class creations

These are some bowls Sabine made...and the thing in the lower left corner is a "whistle" she made for Vivian.


This is a birthday box. Sabine says that every year on your birthday you can put something special in it. The next year you take that item out and put in something new that is special to you. Each side represents a member of our family.


One of the reasons I think she likes this class (and one of the reasons I like it) is that when she wanted to add the piece on the right (above -- below it's on the left) the box was basically done. Tasha, the teacher, just said -- sure -- not "no, you can't put a piece there...what's that for?..." etc...Nice to see that kind of respect for kids.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

memetopia said...

Hi Carolyn,
Just checking in with you guys. I am delighted to see the clay work. Crocodile hunter... just figured out that he was dead a month ago or so. So sad. Got it out of the library when I heard you guys report so favourably on it. Huge hit with Hamish too, but we seem to not be able to get more, and the series is hard to come by at Amazon and Chapters... so we have not seen so much of them. Had to say I was not too suprised he died given the risks I saw him take (with snakes.. the one I saw). Still. Sad.

Am going to write the rest to you on e-mail as you may not check this...