Friday, August 17, 2007

Fairy wing tattoos and more


The whole family got fairy wings last week -- have we mentioned that Sabine likes to watch Miami Ink? Interesting...she drew Vivian's, Daddy's and Mommy's wings (I did the designs on them later), Daddy did her wings and I did the designs. Pretty cool. Though Bret did get busted by the assistant swim coach when he took off his shirt at diving practice, "Nice tattoo, buddy..." Fortunately he also has a young daughter so he understood that sometimes daddies must do these things.


Friend Kristin stopped by the other day and brought her almost 3 year old daughter Acacia, and her nanny-charge Mari (who's 7, I believe) and the kids ended up playing in the (mostly brown) paint that was on the back porch. Sabine and Vivian had been painting earlier in the day, and the messy party started out with someone accidentally stepping in a blob of white paint and squealing. All of them then wanted to step in the paint, and squelching my first response to say, "no...that's not how we play with paint" we went with it. It was hilarious! I only wish I'd gotten photos of all of the kids before we cleaned up. They were squishing it in their toes, stomping around the deck...and loving every minute of it.


Just today, while making a happy birthday card for a friend, Sabine wrote both her and Vivian's names backwards. I showed her how they looked forwards (in the mirror above her art table), but she just said, "Don't say they're backwards." OK then. I stand corrected.


Is there anything more wonderful than fresh, new playdough? Ahhhh...I can smell it now (though that may be because it's stuck in my clothes).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to show those to my daughter. The other day she was giving us all tattoos -- I got two big flowers on my forearms and a self-portrait on my leg. :)

Carolyn said...

Thanks! Yes, tattoos are pretty fun, especially those that don't involve real needles! :)